Carolina Housing continues to strive for an amazing student experience while living on campus. Some of our buildings are over 200 years old, so updates are always on our to-do list. We prioritize our projects based on yearly student feedback to ensure we are providing them the experience they want during their time on campus!
2020 Summer Projects
- Joyner Renovation: New HVAC system, renovated spa style bathrooms, new and renovated lounges.
- Fire Alarm System Replacement: Second part of three replacing of the outdated fire alarm systems. Horton, Koury, Residence Hall One/ Graham
- Morrison Lounge Furniture: As a part of the 4-year project. The furniture in the upper floor lounges in Morrison was replaced.
2019 Summer Projects
- Stacy Renovation: Upgraded HVAC system and installed new windows.
- Bed Ends: Second summer of replacing all bed ends.
- Fire Alarm System Replacement: First part of three replacing of the outdated fire alarm systems. Craige North, Hardin, Connor, Winston, Alexander
- Lounge Furniture Replacement: Another phase of the larger 4-year project. Manning East and Manning West
- Craige North Seminar Wing Renovation: Converted the seminar wing into lounge, gaming, and kitchen spaces.
- Esports Arena: Renovated a little used lounge in Craige into the first Housing gaming space. Carolina Gaming Arena
- Avery and Craige Basketball Courts: Courts were resurfaced and restriped.
- Baity Hill Apartment Upgrades: Upgrades include new kitchen countertops, light fixtures, bedroom doors, bathroom mirrors, and window blinds.