Carolina Housing works to create an inclusive on-campus housing environment that promotes learning, citizenship, involvement, and leadership. The Department is committed to creating supportive learning environments that assist in the total development of the resident through student leadership, programming, residence hall standards, and campus connections. The Carolina Housing program is built on a student learning philosophy that values inclusiveness, discovery, benchmarking, community, communication, and celebration.
Package Service Representatives (PSRs) are responsible for receiving and distributing mail (letters, packages, and overnight deliveries) to our residents at Hinton James, Morrison and Spencer Package Centers. PSRs use the SCLogic package tracking system. They must maintain accuracy and confidentiality, as well as comply with all Federal Mail Regulations. PSRs interact daily with various delivery carriers, professional staff, and residents while providing excellent customer service. The Assistant Director of Package Center Operations, along with the Package Center Managers, supervise PSRs. The Carolina Excellence Learning Outcomes for this position are critical thinking, integrity and interpersonal development. PSRs have the opportunity for advancement.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with mail and package receipt, storage and distribution to students living in campus housing
- Providing excellent customer service
- Maintaining accuracy, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Interacting professionally with fellow students, UNC staff and outside vendors
Complete information about residential mail and package operations can be found here: Mail and Packages
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to maintain accuracy
- High attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
$8.00 per hour
Package Service Representatives work shifts during the following operating hours:
- Monday through Friday: 9:45 am – 6:45 pm
- Saturday: 10:45 am – 4:30 pm
*This posting is for Spring Semester 2022.
To apply for this position, please send the following items to email@example.com with the subject line: PSR Application
- Resume (or a list of your work history with job titles and responsibilities)
- Class schedule and a list of any other commitments that occur during the above operating hours
- Phone number
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.