If your student is looking for a roommate for next year, we are here to help! You have 2 options to choose from. The first is the Roommate Search Tool in the Housing application, which allows you to fill out personal criteria to help find you a match for your roommate needs. The other is GroupMe chat group created to also help you find next year's roommates or suitemates!
STEP 1: Download GroupMe
- If you don’t have a GroupMe account already, it’s easy to get one!
- Download GroupMe on your phone. This is a free app.
- Create an account using your UNC email account.
- Once your account is created, click the 3 stacked lines at the top left corner of your screen .
- Click on “Campus Connect” and verify your UNC email address – once verified you should be able to see all UNC groups on GroupMe.
STEP 2: Join!
- Join the "2023-2024 Roommate Finder: Rising Sophomores/Juniors/Seniors" GroupMe chat
- Find peers who are also looking for roommates for next year!
You can also just click on the links below to directly join the group chat you want. Click here to join: https://web.groupme.com/join_group/89656502/rzYRHyKf
Important Note: joining the GroupMe chat group does and agreeing with another person on being roommates does not automatically make you roommates. You will have to create a “Roommate Group” in your Housing Application and follow the directions as stated. Carolina Housing does not control access and will not monitor this GroupMe chat. The expectation is that all Tar Heels will utilize it according to its intended purpose and in line with the UNC Student Conduct Code.