In order to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19, the mail and package center operations team is constantly evaluating our procedures to best serve our community. Please note that these policies are subject to change, but we are committed to keeping you updated as this situation develops.
As of 3/13/2020, the following policies are in effect for on-campus residents:
- All packages are being automatically routed to the Morrison Package Center regardless of where you live on campus. Continue to use your current residence hall address and room number for your mail.
- Morrison Package Center Hours (subject to change)
- Monday – Friday: 10am – 5pm, Saturday & Sunday: closed
- Please do not have packages sent to your school address, if you are not currently living on campus.
- If you have a package available for pick up and are not coming back to campus, here are your options:
- Packages can be forwarded, but you must provide a prepaid shipping label. Email it to UNCpackagecenters@unc.edu .
- Unclaimed packages will automatically be returned to the sender after 5 days.
- Spencer and Hinton James Package Center will be closed until further notice.
- Letter mail is being automatically routed to the Morrison Package Center regardless of where you live on campus (with the exception of Baity Hill). Continue to use your current residence hall address and room number for your mail.
- You will be notified via email when First-class mail arrives for you. It is your responsibility to pick it up at Morrison Package Center within 5 days.
- Please do not have letter mail/subscriptions sent to your school address, if you are not currently living on campus.
The Chapel Hill post office will not process address change requests for campus residents nor provide forwarding service. To ensure your mail is properly delivered, we encourage you to process address change requests directly with companies who routinely send you important mail. Update your mailing address by directly contacting your:
- Bank, credit card & cell phone providers
- Monthly subscriptions (Magazines, Ipsy, Hello Fresh)
- Family and friends
Joanna Luke, Assistant Director Package Center Operations