This building was originally known as Ehringhaus South, but was re-named in 2008 to honor Maurice J. Koury, a native of Burlington, NC. Koury graduated from UNC in 1949 with a BA in chemistry and went on to become president of Carolina Hosiery Mills. He has maintained intimate ties with the university, serving at various times on the Board of Trustees, the Board of Visitors, the Medical Foundation of North Carolina, Inc., the General Alumni Association’s board, and the Morehead Scholarship Committee.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 2002
- Hall Population: 263
- Elevator: Yes
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 7
- Amenities: seminar rooms, study rooms, kitchen and ice machine, laundry, TV room, lounges, recreation room, vending machines
- Laundry: Koury Basement
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: 12' x 18'
- Window Measurements: First Floor: 40" x 84", All Other Floors: 40" x 64"
- Window Coverings: Horizontal blinds
- Air-Conditioning: All rooms have central A/C
- Furniture: Movable dressers, desks and study chairs. Movable beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted.
- Closet: Closet with door. Select corner rooms have a wardrobe instead of a closet.
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep
DID YOU KNOW? Fun Facts About Koury:
- Large bathroom to share between 4 people (8 people share bathroom in traditional suites).
- Close proximity to Ehringhaus path shortcut
- 12' X 18' average room dimensions; some of the largest on campus