Click on the image for larger images and descriptions, and to step through a slideshow. Right click on an image to download the full-size version.
The above photos are an example of the single occupancy apartment room style. Your exact room may vary.
Privacy and comfort awaits!
Ram Village offers the best of both worlds for our on-campus residents. You have the convenience of living in the heart of UNC's campus while still enjoying the privacy and comfort of apartment living. It is is located on South Campus near the Dean Dome and close to Manning Drive.
Ram Village has several options for those who wish to have a private bedroom. There are 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom apartments with single occupancy. These apartments are located in Ram Village 1, 3, 4 (Taylor Hall) or 5. Ram Village 2 is comprised of double occupancy apartments.
Living in a single occupancy apartment means that you would share a bathroom with, at most, one other student. These bathrooms are not staff cleaned and must be maintained by the residents.
Our Ram Village apartments are furnished. The living rooms offer a couch, chair, coffee table, dining room table and dining room chairs. The kitchen has a stove and full-size refrigerator. Each single-occupancy bedroom has one movable dresser, desk, chair and bed. Be aware that there are no washer/dryer hookups in these apartments and that laundry facilities are located in Ram Village 2 and 5.
If your interested in a single occupancy apartment in Ram Village, here are your options:
- 1 bedroom, 1 bath: A resident of a one bedroom, one bath has the whole apartment to themselves, including the kitchen and living room. These are very limited and are always in very high demand. This room style has a separate rate that you can view on the Rates page.
- 2 bedroom, 1 bath: Two students would get their own bedroom and would share a bathroom, living room and kitchen. These are limited and in high demand.
- 2 bedroom, 2 bath: Each student get his or her own bedroom and bathroom and would share a kitchen and living room. These are limited and in high demand.
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath: Three students have their own bedroom. The students must decide who shares the bathrooms. All three students share the kitchen and living room. These are more common but are in demand.
- 4 bedroom, 2 bath: Four students have their own bedroom. Two students each share a bathroom and everyone shares the kitchen and living room. This is a common configuration in Ram Village.
Naturally, getting your own bedroom in an on-campus apartment incurs a higher cost. Refer to our Rates page for more information.