Jada Boyer: My Sophomore Year Living in Morrison
September 30, 2022
My Pros & Cons of Living in Morrison Residence Hall
PROS of Living in Morrison
- Most of my second-year friends and acquaintances all nearby
- Hanging out in my friend’s super suite just a few floors up!
- Morrison Art Studio on the 1st floor!
- Chase, Subway, and Rams Head Gym all within a 5-minute walk
- Close to Craige Deck (great for both parking and hanging out/ skating)
- In-building laundry… and Package Center (where I work!)
- Lots of places to study for any vibe– first floor lobby, group study lounges, and small group/ individual study rooms
- Short walk to Kenan Football Stadium and the Dean Dome (basketball)
- Basketball court on one side, amazing view of the water tower and Dean Dome on the other!
- Suite-style– don’t have to walk down a long hall in your bath robe
CONS of Living in Morrison
- Slightly far walk to north campus classes
- Slow elevators (Carolina Housing Comment 😊 if they are not working properly, you can just submit a Fix My Room ticket !)
- Smaller rooms and Super Suites have to clean their own bathroom (a small price to play for a huge living room!!)
- Central air units are wack (Carolina Housing Comment 😊 AC troubles? Once again, friendly reminder to submit a Fix My Room ticket and we’ll make sure to get to it right away!)