This residence hall honors university president George Tayloe Winston. During his presidency (1891-1896), the number of students tripled, reaching almost 600.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 1948, renovated in 2003
- Elevator: Yes
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 3
- Amenities: study rooms, kitchen and ice machine, laundry, TV room, lounges, recreation room, vending machines
- Laundry: Connor-Winston pavilion 1st floor
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: 12' x 14'
- Window Measurements: 78" x 63"
- Window Coverings: Horizontal blinds
- Air-Conditioning: Central HVAC in all rooms
- Furniture: Movable dressers, desks and study chairs. Movable beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted.
- Closet: Closet with door
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep
DID YOU KNOW?
Fun Facts About Winston:
- Closest hall to SRC, Carmichael, Fetzer Hall and Bowman Gray Pool
- RU bus stop on both sides of the corner
- Very close proximity to Davis Library and FPG Student Union