This residence hall is named for Mary Lily Kenan Flagler Bingham. In 1917, she donated $75,000 per year to pay competitive salaries to professors, a donation that helped the university move into the ranks of the nation’s leading colleges.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 1939
- Hall Population: 120
- Elevator: Yes
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 3
- Amenities: study rooms, kitchen and ice machine, laundry, TV room, lounges, recreation room, vending machines
- Laundry: Kenan Basement
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: 12' X 16'
- Window Measurements:First Floor: 110" x 73", Second and Third Floors: 74" x 69"
- Window Coverings: Horizontal blinds
- Air-Conditioning: Central HVAC
- Furniture: Movable dressers, desks and study chairs. Movable beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted.
- Closet: Closet with door
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep