This residence hall is named for James Y. Joyner, class of 1881, a prominent spokesman for expanding the state’s public education system.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 1947, renovated in 2003
- Hall Population: 168
- Elevator: Yes
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 4
- Amenities: study space, kitchen, laundry, vending machines, renovated spa style bathrooms (see Room Types for layout)
- Laundry: Joyner Basement
- Residential Learning Program (RLP): Pride Place
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: 12' x 15'
- Window Measurements: 78" x 51"
- Window Coverings: Horizontal blinds
- Air-Conditioning: Central Heating and Air
- Furniture: Movable dressers, desks and study chairs. Movable beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted.
- Closet: Closet with door
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep