The university named this residence hall for John Bryan Grimes, planter, politician, trustee, and son of the Confederate Major General Bryan Grimes. He attended the university from 1882 to 1884 and then returned to Pitt County to run his farm.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 1922
- Hall Population: 88
- Elevator: No
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 3
- Amenities: study rooms, kitchen and ice machine, laundry, TV room, lounges, recreation room, vending machines
- Laundry: Manly Basement
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: 13' x 15'
- Window Measurements: 81" x 38"
- Window Coverings: Horizontal blinds
- Air-Conditioning: Central AC in all rooms
- Furniture: Movable dressers, desks and study chairs. Movable beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted.
- Closet: Closet with door
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep