This high-rise residence hall was named for former Governor John Christoph Blucher Ehringhaus. A native of Pasquotank County, North Carolina, Ehringhaus graduated from the University in 1902 and received his law degree in 1903. He was elected governor in 1932.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 1962; bedrooms remodeled in 2012, bathrooms remodeled in 2013
- Hall Population: 640
- Elevator: Yes
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 18
- Amenities: Study rooms, kitchen and ice machine, laundry, TV room, lounges, recreation room, vending machines, CCI print station
- Laundry: Ehringhaus Basement
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: Front Rooms: 12' x 13'. Back Rooms (by bathroom): 13' x 15'
- Window Measurements: 43" x 64"
- Window Coverings: Wood-look, wide-slat blinds
- Air-Conditioning: Window units in all rooms
- Furniture: 1 shared dresser (4 drawers and 2 small drawers), 2 desks, 2 desk chairs, 2 twin beds with twin XL mattresses (beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted)
- Closet: Built-in, no doors
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep. Requires twin XL sheets
- Bathroom: Suite bathrooms have 1 toilet, 2 sinks, 1 shower. To hang a privacy curtain in front of the toilet area, the tension rod needs to be at least 54" long.