This residence hall honors Burton Craige, a North Carolina lawyer and politician. Craige was born in Salisbury in 1875 and graduated from Carolina in 1897 at the head of his class. Craige served in the state’s General Assembly, on the state constitutional study commission, and on the university’s board of trustees.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 1962; bedrooms and suite bathrooms remodeled in 2012
- Hall Population: 636
- Elevator: Yes
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, in room alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 18
- Amenities: Study rooms, kitchen and ice machine, laundry, TV room, lounges, basketball court, vending machines, CCI print station
- Laundry: Craige Basement
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: Front Rooms: 12' x 13'. Back Rooms (by bathroom): 13' x 15'
- Window Measurements: 43" x 64"
- Window Coverings: Wood-look, wide-slat blinds
- Air-Conditioning: Window units
- Furniture: 1 shared dresser (4 drawers and 2 small drawers), 2 desks, 2 desk chairs, 2 twin beds with twin XL mattresses (beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted)
- Closet: Built-in, no doors
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep. Requires twin XL sheets
- Bathroom: Suite bathrooms have 1 toilet, 2 sinks, 1 shower. To hang a privacy curtain in front of the toilet area, the tension rod needs to be at least 54" long.
DID YOU KNOW? Fun Facts About Craige:
- Printing in the mailroom
- Very close proximity to Dean Smith Center (it’s right up the hill)
- Best geographically located high-rise FYE hall on south campus (use short cut by public safety to get to main campus)
- Smallest of 4 high-rise communities on south campus – most quaint, tucked into a small grove with tree/shrubbery completely surrounding it