This residence hall, built in 1952, honors longtime Carolina professor Collier Cobb. In 1892, he joined the university’s faculty to teach geology and mineralogy and served as chair of the department until his death in 1934.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 1952, renovated 2005
- Hall Population: 400
- Elevator: Yes
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 11
- Amenities: Study Rooms, Kitchen and Ice Machine, Laundry, TV Room, Lounges on each floor, Recreation Room, Vending Machines
- Laundry: Cobb Basement
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: 12' x 14'
- Window Measurements: 65" x 51"
- Window Coverings: Horizontal blinds
- Air-Conditioning: All rooms have central A/C
- Furniture: Movable dressers, desks and study chairs. Movable beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted.
- Closet: Closet with door
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep
DID YOU KNOW? Fun Facts About Cobb:
- Printing in the basement
- Students say it doesn’t feel like a residence hall because it’s really “fancy”
- Located across from Battle Park