The university named this residence hall for English professor and the first dean of women, Katherine Kennedy Carmichael.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 1986
- Hall Population: 485
- Elevator: Yes
- Floor Plan: Suite style with interior corridor access
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 10
- Amenities: study rooms, kitchen and ice machine, laundry, TV room, lounges, recreation room, vending machines
- Residential Learning Programs (RLP): BLUE and Transfer United
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: 13' x 13'
- Window Measurements: (minimum) 48" X 67", (maximum) 95" X 67"
- Window Coverings: Mini blinds
- Air-Conditioning: Central HVAC
- Furniture: Movable dressers, desks and study chairs. Movable beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted.
- Closet: Wardrobe
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep
DID YOU KNOW? Fun Facts About Carmichael:
- Printing in the main lobby
- Located in mid-campus, but is the farthest north of the suite-style residence halls
- Near Fetzer Field and SRC for people interested in fitness
- Lots of natural light in the building because of its massive windows
- Large activity center at the bottom floor for group activities, meetings, etc.