Built in 1939 with funds from the New Deal’s Public Works Administration, this men’s dormitory honored Eben Alexander, a longtime Carolina professor.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 1939, renovated in 2003
- Hall Population: 103
- Elevator: Yes
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 3
- Amenities: study rooms, kitchen and ice machine, laundry, TV room, lounges, recreation room, vending machines
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: 12' x 15'
- Window Measurements: 77" x 56"
- Window Coverings: Horizontal blinds
- Air-Conditioning: Central HVAC
- Furniture: Movable dressers, desks and study chairs. Movable beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted.
- Closet: Closet with door
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep
DID YOU KNOW? Fun Facts About Alexander:
- Located right next to Davis Library
- Easy access to parking
- Disability-friendly with elevators and fully automatic doors