Summer Marketing Intern
Do you love UNC? Have you had a positive experience living on campus with Carolina Housing? Are you a talented writer, photographer and/or designer who is savvy with social media and would enjoy capturing stories about residence life at UNC? If so, we'd love to hear from you! Carolina Housing is hiring a Summer Marketing Interns to tell our story – through our multiple social media platforms and Orientation tabling!
- You will help to create daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages to love campus living. Content varies in forms: photos, videos, images, graphics, blogs, etc.
- You will represent Carolina Housing at each (of 17) New Student Orientation sessions and other events around campus. This involves set up/clearn up of tabling events, fielding questions from incoming students and parents, and providing advice about connecting to campus through Carolina Housing.
To excel in the Marketing internship position, candidates should:
- Understand and be supportive of Carolina Housing’s overall mission.
- Actively seek out and propose creative new ways to engage the target market.
- Be able to write in a succinct yet friendly, conversational voice without compromising proper grammar and spelling.
- Be very savvy and creative with social media.
- Be comfortable attending events across campus, soliciting interviews, fielding questions, and collaborating with other Carolina Housing staff members.
- Complete BeAM Orientation and tool/equipment training sessions at the Makerspace in Carmichael residence hall to learn proper ways of using laser and vinyl cutters, 3D printers, etc.
- Produce approximately 1-2 blog posts per week (total of ~1,000 words).
- Be highly organized and a team player.
We encourage applications from any major, but you must have strong social media and writing skills, as well as being able to present material that highlights your interests and capabilities in marketing.
- Experience with digital photography and how to use a DSLR camera.
- A working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Any experience you have with social media strategy or building an online community for an organization.
Our internships are intended to be mutually beneficial – don't be shy about sharing what related talents you have and what experience you want to gain!
- You must work a minimum of 20 hours per week, but you can work up to 30 hours per week if desired. You may not exceed 30 hours per week.
- You must be available for 2-4 set office hours during the week, TBD by your summer class schedule (if applicable) and the summer orientation schedule, as well as other events you must attend.
- The time you spend blogging and on social medial is flexible, and will be agreed upon for off-site work hours. This position will report to the Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager at Carolina Housing.
- $9.50 per hour.
Assistant Director of Marketing
Download the application form below. Keep the writing in your responses concise, and use this opportunity to demonstrate your ability to write in a conversational voice that would appeal to our readers. We consider 3-4 sentences per question to be a sufficient response.
Email the following items to Mariam Azzam at email@example.com :
- Current resume.
- Completed application form
- Attachments - writing sample
Position Open: Feb. 5, 2020
Application Deadline: April 5, 2020 – midnight
Interviews Conducted: ~ Week of April 13, 2020
Offer Notification: Week of April 27, 2020
Start Hire Date: Week of May 11, 2020
End Hire Date: Aug. 30, 2020