For graduate and professional students, we offer apartment-style housing in Mason Farm Graduate Housing. Student families are eligible to apply for housing at Baity Hill Student Family Housing.
Each of these communities offer the freedom and privacy of apartment living with the convenience of on-campus living.
You must be a full-time graduate or undergraduate student with a family to live at the Baity Hill/Mason Farm communities.
The Apartments section of our site offers complete details on Baity Hill and Mason Farm. Here's a few tips if you're interested in pursuing these housing options:
- Once you have been admitted to UNC, you may fill out the Housing Application online at myhousing.unc.edu and indicate the type of housing you desire. You must have valid Onyen and PID number to submit an application.
- Unlike other housing on campus, Baity Hill and Mason Farm accept applications continually. You may apply at any time; the earlier the better.
- These apartments have monthly rates as opposed to semester rates as with our residence halls. You can get up-to-date rates at our Rates page.
- If you have chronic or severe medical condition that should influence your Housing assignment, note that on the application, and turn in the Chronic or Severe Medical Condition Accommodations Request promptly after submitting your Housing Application.
- Once you've been assigned, your housing assignment and apartment-mate information will also be accessible through your myhousing.unc.edu account.
- Leases at Baity Hill/Mason Farm run from June 1st (or actual “Lease Start” date) through May 31st.
- Most apartments are available between June 15 – August 15, but we do have a limited number of 1BR/1BA and 2BR/1BA roommate apartments available for earlier move ins.