Get details on the furniture measurements in your room along with the cable tv and Internet access available to you.
Built-in Furniture Measurements
Built-In diagram and measurements shown here apply to the following halls:
- Hinton James
All closets are the same size, none have doors.
- Width across = 37"
- Height = approx. 72"
- Depth from back of closet to edge of frame = 27"
- Space from top of closet to shelf board = 7"
Overhead Storage Bin Measurements
All bins are the same size, none have doors, 4 in each room above the closets.
- Width across = 37"
- Height = approx. 21"
- Depth from back of the bin to edge of frame = 20"
Moveable Furniture Measurements
These measurements apply to the furniture in all other halls not mentioned above.
- 37” wide x 26” deep
- Shelf: 16” above desk top x 9 ½” deep x 37” wide
Single Wall Hung Desk w/ Shelf
- Desk Top Dimensions: 39” x 26 ½”
- Shelf Above Desk Top Dimensions: 12 ½” high from top of desk x 10” deep x 37” wide
- 5-Drawer Dresser: 20" deep x 32" wide x 48" high
- Desk: 24" deep x 42" wide x 30" high
- Wardrobe (only in rooms with no closet): 24" deep x 36" wide x 75" high.
All rooms on campus listed as having MOVABLE furniture are furnished with the same brand and model of furniture as show here. (With a small number of exceptions in the Connor Community.)
All residence hall rooms and apartments are equipped with free digital cable television. There is (1) HD-CATV connection per room or apartment. Customers need an HDTV with a QAM-capable tuner to view all of the digital and HD channels.
To report television outages or request assistance with your cable service, contact ResNET.
The instructions for connecting to the campus network can be found at http://help.unc.edu. The ResNET staff living in your community can also help you connect to the internet. See below for details about how to request technical support.
Wireless network access (Wi-Fi) is available in all residence halls.
Request Technology Support
ResNET provides campus residents with reliable, on-site IT support, educational programs, cutting-edge technologies and laser printing stations – all right in your residential community, all for FREE!
To request support:
- Find a ResNET RCC (Residential Computing Consultant) in your residential community.
- Visit http://help.unc.edu to search the Knowledgebase, open a Support Ticket or use UNC Live Chat.
- Call 919-962-HELP and request on-site support.
- Visit one of the IT Response Centers in the Undergraduate Library or SASB South.