WELL: Women Engaged in Learning & Leadership
W.E.L.L. aims to provide a connected living experience in which residents foster strong interpersonal relationships, a proud investment in community, shared strength and appreciation of their gender-expression, and a commitment to both intellectual engagement and their individual contribution to the world. The following three pillars guide and inspire the members of the W.E.L.L. community: Leadership, Learning, and Community Engagement.
Through active participation in the WELL Community, members will:
- Engage in interpersonal relationships with fellow WELL members fostering community, respect, and sensitivity toward individual and collective differences.
- Increase the exploration, formation, and personal display of their own gender expression and identity
- Be challenged to appraise and appreciate the gender expression of their fellow community members.
- Practice civic engagement, leadership involvement, and demonstrate a personal commitment to make a contribution to our campus and the greater Chapel Hill community.
- Contribute to the academic and intellectual community through sharing, discussing, and exploring personal experiences, academic coursework, and aspirations.
The WELL Community is open to any UNC student. Those interested must apply for consideration.
Why you should consider the Women Engaged in Learning and Leadership Residential Learning Program:
WELL is an active community in McIver residence hall, which is located on the beautiful and historic north campus across from the Coker Arboretum. Original hardwood floors, a baby-grand piano, and an elegant parlor create an extraordinary environment to live, learn, and lead within the greater Tar Heel community.