Recovery House is part of the substance-free Residential Learning Program (RLP) Balance.
The Balance RLP focuses on integrating all dimensions of wellness, while creating a holistic understanding of what it means to be "healthy." Balance is a community in which students will learn from the experiences of their peers, share their own perspective, and integrate a fuller understanding of wellness into their own lives.
Recovery House offers distinct advantages to those seeking on-campus collegiate recovery housing. These advantages include:
- Safe and supportive environment
- On-site recovery-focused programming and Carolina Recovery Program (CRP) staff
- Roommates in recovery
- On-site Resident Advisor on duty every night
- Collaborative recovery-focused team approach with CRP
- Finding friends for life while strengthening recovery and enjoying a normal collegiate experience!
- Live steps from classes, advisors and libraries
- Makes getting involved at UNC-CH incredibly easy
- Numerous options for meal plans
- Leadership opportunities
- Several recreation facilities on campus, with one fee for all expenses
The Benefits of Joining the Carolina Recovery Program:
- Enjoy free and fun programming designed to strengthen and support your recovery
- Have fun with other students in recovery
- Get a recovery mentor
- Benefit from academic and career service workshops
- Raise awareness of recovery issues on campus
- Enjoy sober trips to local, state, and national attractions
- Attend the annual state young people in recovery conference, and national collegiate recovery
Two Easy Steps to Join The CRP
- Fill out and email The Student Information Form
- Print, sign and submit the Student Commitment Agreement to the Program Coordinator
Go to myhousing.unc.edu to apply for housing.