- All flyers must be approved by Carolina Housing before they are posted in any residence hall. The guidelines and prior approval process pertain to bulletin board and other University-controlled spaces in the residence halls.
- Flyers or other materials may not be posted within the communities except by Carolina Housing staff members.
- Only recognized groups and organizations in good standing are permitted to post flyers or other materials within the residential communities. University departments and offices are also permitted to post flyers or other materials in the residence halls.
- Outside agencies or companies may not submit materials for posting in the residence halls.
- No items may be hung or displayed outside of a window or anywhere in a building or its adjacent structures (porch, rails, etc.).
- Flyers or other posted material may not contain obscenity, advertise, or endorse conduct or events that would constitute violations of the Instrument of Student Judicial Governance (http://instrument.unc.edu), Carolina Housing policies, University policies, and/or federal or state law.
- Due to limited space, flyers or other material to be posted may not exceed 11” x 17”.
- All flyers or other materials should be submitted for approval within (5) business days of the date on which posting is sought.
- Any item posted in violation of these guidelines may be removed.
Flyer Approval Procedures - Amended due to COVID -19 for Spring 2021 -
Spring 2021: The Avery Residential Education Office will operate on an amended schedule due to Covid-19. Our hours of operation will be 10:00AM – 4:00PM Tuesday – Thursday ONLY, beginning Monday, August 3, 2020 through the end of the Spring 2021 semester. Please check back for updates in our operations for Spring Semester 2021.
- Please email and electronic copy of your flyer to Tarah Burnette at firstname.lastname@example.org at least five business days prior to your desired posting date.
- Tarah Burnette, a Carolina Housing representative, will approve your flyer upon receipt and notify you via a confirmation email.
- Once approved, please print, count and sort the flyers by community, as noted below, and bring them to the Avery Residence Hall basement for an on-site representative to finalize the process.
- Completed flyers should be left outside the Carolina Housing Residential Education Office located in the basement of Avery Residence Hall. There will be a clearly-labeled flyer “station” at the bottom of the stairs to the left.
- All questions should be directed to Tarah Burnette at email@example.com or 919.843.2783.
Quantities of Flyers Needed:
|Carolina Housing Records||1|
|Olde Campus Lower Quad||10|
|Ram Village HJ-side (Taylor Hall, RV5)||6|
|Ram Village Craige-side (1,2,3)||6|