We hope you are safe and well. We recognize that the recent riot at the Capitol building has shaken us all—and these events have a profound effect on our students and staff. Please see our public statement condemning these acts, with information regarding how to access our support and resources.
As noted in yesterday’s announcement from the Chancellor and Provost, the University is delaying the start of in-person undergraduate classes until February 8 to offer students maximum flexibility as we begin the spring semester. With this in mind, Carolina Housing wants to allow you similar flexibility for your move-in date. You may still move into your assigned room at the date and time of your current appointment. Alternatively, you are welcome to modify your plans and move in at a later date, choosing one of several options provided, based on what works best for your needs.
Alternative Move-In Dates and Instructions
Move-in for the spring semester will continue to be by appointment only to allow for optimal physical distancing throughout the process. You may keep your current move-in appointment or change to one of the following dates:
- Friday, January 22 from 12:00-2:00 pm
- Saturday, January 23 from 12:00-2:00 pm
- Friday, January 29 from 12:00-2:00 pm
- Saturday, January 30 from 12:00-2:00 pm
- Friday, February 5 from 12:00-2:00 pm
- Saturday, February 6 from 10:00 am-12:00 pm or 2:00-4:00 pm
- Sunday, February 7 from 10:00 am-12:00 pm or 2:00-4:00 pm
- If you do not wish to change your existing move-in appointment, you do not need to take any further action.
- If you want to sign up for or make changes to an appointment, please visit the MyHousing portal. If you select an arrival date between January 17 and February 7, your spring housing charge will be prorated accordingly.
- If you are currently living on campus or are a fall resident planning to return after break, you do not need to make an appointment. You must still comply with the other items listed below.
Regardless of your move-in date or choice above, all residential students must complete the following requirements:
- Spring 2021 Information Update in ConnectCarolina
- COVID-19 Student Acknowledgement in ConnectCarolina
- Provide a COVID-19 test result in ConnectCarolina five days prior to your arrival
- Visit a Carolina Together Testing Center the day you arrive for re-entry testing
You can find additional details about these requirements above on the Carolina Together website. These requirements must be completed in order to live on campus and participate in spring classes.
Please consult the Carolina Housing website for additional details that will help you plan for your move-in. Also, please remember to check your email regularly for communications and updates from the University and Carolina Housing. We encourage you to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for late-breaking announcements.
Our team looks forward to seeing you on campus and helping you navigate a successful start to the spring semester. If you have any questions or need further clarification, please feel free to reach out: 919-962-5401 or housing @unc.edu.
Stay well and take care,