The Housing Application for the incoming Class of 2026 is now open. Visit MyHousing Portal to apply. If you are looking for a roommate, we are here to help! You have 2 options to choose from. The first is the Roommate Search Tool in the Housing application, which allows you to fill out personal criteria to help find you a match for your roommate needs. The other is GroupMe chat group created to also help you find your next roommates or suitemates! See below:
STEP 1: Get GroupMe
- If you don’t have a GroupMe account already, it’s easy to get one!
- Download GroupMe on your phone. This is a free app.
- Create an account using your UNC email account.
- Once your account is created, click the 3 stacked lines at the top left corner of your screen .
- Click on “Campus Connect” and verify your UNC email address – once verified you should be able to see all UNC groups on GroupMe.
- Join the "Class of 2026 Roommate Finder"– to find peers who will be incoming Freshman, like you!
You can also just click on the links below to directly join the group chat you want:
You're invited to my new group 'Class of 2026 Roommate Finder' on GroupMe. Click here to join: https://groupme.com/join_group/85721288/2Bo7ZW6a
Important Note: joining the GroupMe chat group does and agreeing with another person on being roommates does not automatically make you roommates. You will have to create a “Roommate Group” in your Housing Application and follow the directions as stated.
Good luck and we can’t wait to have you back on campus next year!