Marketing Content/Blog Writer Student Intern
Do you love UNC? Have you had a positive experience living on-campus at Carolina Housing? Are you a creative story-teller who enjoys writing stories about residence life at UNC? Carolina Housing Marketing department is looking for a Rock Star Marketing Content Writer Intern who can help us expand our brand, increase consumer engagement, and share our messages with the world. We are hiring a content writer student intern for the 2019-2020 Academic year to create written content for digital/print content and will mainly be writing for the Carolina Housing blog and Marketing content that covers a range of housing topics.
Your primary responsibility will be to writer original blog content 1-2 times per week. You are required to use data to analyze results of blog posts and help us make adjustments where needed. The Marketing Content Writer Intern will need to understand differences of writing content for a variety of platforms and adjust writing style accordingly. Depending on the project assigned, there may be times where you may need to conduct interviews for write up material. Work with other Marketing interns and staff to make sure content is being promoted as a whole to best showcase Carolina Housing goals and mission.
Tabling at events is mandatory participation (set-up & close) during Housing Selection (Sept. - November) and various times throughout the academic year – may include some weekend days.
You will report to the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Carolina Housing.
To excel in the Marketing Content Writer internship position, candidates should:
- Understand and be supportive of Housing’s overall mission.
- Actively seek out and propose creative new story ideas.
- Write custom articles, blog posts, and social media for multiple clients, ranging from product overviews to employee spotlights-and everywhere in between
- Proofread and edit your own and others' content
- Write in a style that is offers engaging, reader-friendly and inclusive content
- Passion for communicating compelling stories through a writing
- Stay informed about trending topics at UNC and Carolina Housing world
- Set high standards for yourself and others, meet deadlines, and over-deliver
- Work with the interns in other departments on projects of a wider scope
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Have a high sense of urgency for meeting deadlines and taking on new projects
- Be an excellent communicator with an appreciation for constructive criticism
A minimum 10-hour commitment per week is required. Your schedule will vary depending on what projects you are assigned.
You must be available 1-2 evenings per week to attend residential programs and stay long enough to get a story. The time you spend editing is flexible and can be scheduled around your classes.
$9.50 per hour – 10 hours/week
What’s Needed To Apply:
- Download & complete application form. (Note that the application asks for a link to a sample of your work.)
- Current resume
- Work samples
- Email all items to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.