Mangum Residence Hall honors Willie Person Mangum, his cousin Adolphus Williamson Mangum, and his nephew Willie Person Mangum, Jr. Willie Person Mangum graduated from UNC in 1815 and received a master's degree in 1818. He served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1823 until 1826 and in the Senate during the years 1831-37 and 1844-53.
Learn more about this building
- Year Built: 1922
- Hall Population: 90
- Elevator: No
- Fire Safety: Smoke detectors, alarms and sprinkler system
- Resident Advisors: 3
- Amenities: study rooms, kitchen and ice machine, laundry, TV room, lounges, recreation room, vending machines
- Laundry: Manly Basement
- For Facility Updates please visit our webpage for all completed residence hall facility projects.
- Average Room Measurements: 13' x 15'
- Window Measurements: 80" x 38"
- Window Coverings: Horizontal blinds
- Air-Conditioning: Central A/C in all rooms
- Furniture: Movable dressers, desks and study chairs. Movable beds may be bunked or lofted; no self-built lofts permitted.
- Closet: Closet with door
- Mattress Size: 80" long, 36" wide, 6" deep
DID YOU KNOW? Fun Facts About Mangum:
- Less than 3 minutes' walk to Davis Library, the Pit, Lenoir and SRC
- ATMs are located right next to the building
- CCI printing in 1st floor lounge