Current Resident FAQ

Current Resident FAQ

Now that you have decided to call Baity Hill/Mason Farm home, you may have some additional questions about the community. If your question is not answered is these FAQs or in the documents at the bottom of this webpage, feel free to contract us today with any questions at (919) 843-8831 or

What's My Address? When Can I Start Sending Mail and Packages?

Visit the What's My Address page of this website for your proper mailing address.

You can start sending mail and packages to this address after you have signed the lease. Once you have signed the lease, we will issue you your keys and you can move items in anytime you wish. Unfortunately, we cannot not allow items to be placed in the apartment without a signed lease.

How Do I Pay Rent?

Baity Hill utilizes an online payment system for rent payments. It is available at the Housing Portal at

Payments not working? Here are some tips: 

  • Did you choose the correct type card? We only accept Mastercard or Visa.
  • Be sure that you have correctly typed your 16 digit credit card number.
  • Check the expiration date.
  • Is the security code correct? 
  • Be sure that you entered the name that appears on the credit card.
  • Make sure the billing address of the credit card matches the address on the account for the credit card.

Can My Rent Be Deferred?

Yes, depending on your individual financial aid situation. Consult the financial aid office for details regarding your award. Deferment requests can be made through the Baity Hill/Mason Farm office once you have your supporting documents.

What Happens If I Pay Rent Late?

Failure to pay rent by the monthly due date will result in a $30.00 late fee. Continued failure to pay rent could result in eviction, as well as a hold on the student’s account.

Who Do I Call If ... I Am Locked Out of My Apartment?

Contact the Baity Hill office during business hours (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.) at 919-843-8831. After hours and on weekends, contact Public Safety at 919-962-8100 (non-emergency). 

Who Do I Call If ... I Need Maintenance in My Apartment?

Use the Fix My Room feature during business hours and Facilities Services will reach out to you. After hours, contact Public Safety at 919-962-8100 (non-emergency).

Who Do I Call If ... My Neighbor is Being Noisy?

Unfortunately, noisy neighbors are common in apartment living, whether on campus or off. If you do have an issue with your neighbor, contact the Baity Hill main office during business hours at 919-843-8831. If there is an issue after hours, contact Public Safety at 919-962-8100 (non-emergency).

If you feel threatened or endangered, call 911.

Who Do I Call If ... I Have a Problem With Cable/Internet?

RESNet ( handles issues with your cable TV and high-speed Internet. ResNET is made up of student RCCs (Residential Computing Consultants) living in your residence hall or community that can assist you with IT questions and problems. You can reach them at 919-962-4357. You can also submit a Help Request or chat online with a support analyst via the Help Site at

For cable issues, or streaming IPTV, you can receive help from MyCampusVideo directly by calling 833-493-4885, texting “MyStream2” to 84700, or visiting

How Do Baity Hill and Mason Farm Keep My Family Safe?

All apartment homes at Baity Hill/Mason Farm are accessed from a brightly lit, fully carpeted interior corridor. Only fellow residents and community staff have access to your building. Covered, well-lit parking has direct access to the building elevator. Baity Hill/Mason Farm is patrolled continuously by the University Police. Fire alarms, smoke detectors, and sprinkler systems are located in each apartment, as well as building common areas. Sidewalks adjacent to each building provide safe pedestrian access to campus and buses.