The Conference Assistant (CA) position works for the Office of Conference Services, a unit within Carolina Housing. CAs work under the direction of the Assistant Director of Conference Services and with direct supervision of an ACUHO-I graduate intern.
The Conference Assistant is the frontline customer service representative of the University to all summer camps and conference guests. The CAs’ specific duties include guest relations, room set-up, linen distribution, and other tasks as assigned. Conference Assistants also assist with camps & conference check-ins/check-outs, work guest services shifts at the community office, and help ensure that the facilities are in good order by conducting inspections and post conference assessments.
Work will be a combination of traditional and non-traditional hours and will include weekends. Additionally, CAs will be in an on-call rotation between the hours of 5:00pm and 9:00am requiring them to live on-campus. CAs will work on average 20 – 25 hours per week.
Terms of Employment
- Dates of Employment: May 17th - August 2nd
- Training: May 17th - 21st
- Pay: $3,000 stipend distributed throughout the summer and paid on the last business day of the month.
- Additional Compensation: Provided housing on-campus
- Respond to all On-Call requests for all camps & conferences between 5:00 pm and 9:00 am when On-Call and 24 hours on weekends
- Due to the time commitments to the job, Conference Assistants are permitted to take no more than 4 credit hours per summer session
- The CA will have a valid driver’s license or will be 18 years or older and able to drive Conference Services’ golf cart & box truck