Video Production Intern
Do you love UNC? Have you had a positive experience living in campus housing? Are you a talented video producer who would enjoy capturing stories about residence life at UNC? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
The Department of Housing & Residential Education is hiring a video production intern for this summer to create video stories and digital content that covers a range of housing topics.
Your primary responsibility will be to shoot, edit and produce videos that will be distributed through digital and social media outlets.
To excel in the Video Production internship position, candidates should:
- Understand and be supportive of Housing’s overall mission.
- Actively seek out and propose creative new story ideas.
- Be comfortable shooting interviews and B-roll at events across campus.
- Have experience shooting digital video with demonstrated ability to achieve professional quality lighting, composition, and audio.
- Have experience editing footage using Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.
A minimum 5-hour commitment per week is required, up to 20 hours per week. Your schedule will vary depending on what projects you are shooting.
You must be available 1-2 evenings per week to attend residential programs and stay long enough to get a story. The time you spend editing is flexible and can be scheduled around your classes. You will report to the Marketing Manager for Housing.
$8.50 per hour
Nicole A. B. Edwards
Download the application form below. Keep the writing in your responses concise. We consider 3-4 sentences per question to be sufficient.
Email the following items to Nicole A. B. Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Completed application form. (Note that the application asks for a link to a sample of your work.)
2) Current resume