Summer School Resident Advisor (RA)
The Summer School Resident Advisor (RA) is a live-in staff member assigned to work with a floor, wing or living unit or resident students during the summer semester. The RA position encompasses five major roles: community developer, counselor, helper, policy educator, and administrator. RAs work under the direction of a full-time professional Community Director (CD).
It is understood that a staff position in the residence halls cannot be easily translated in to hours worked per day or week because of the unique nature of the responsibilities and circumstances. The positions requires a genuine personal commitment, flexibility, and good understanding of the unpredictable nature of the actual time involved.
Housing provided, limited expense account
Enrollment in up to six (6) credit hours each summer school session is permitted and no more than 10 hours of outside commitment or employment OR not be enrolled in any summer school classes and maintain no more than 20 hours outside commitment or employment. Outside commitments must be approved by supervising Community Director. Exceptions must have the written approval of the Regional Assistant Director.
- Be a current or former RA at UNC Chapel Hill. No training for this role is provided so experience is REQUIRED. No exceptions will be made.
- Be enrolled as a full time student in the Fall of 2016. You do not have to be enrolled in a specific number of classes, nor are you required to be return to work for DHRE for 2016-2017.
- Have a minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average.
- Not have an outstanding balance with the Cashier’s Office and not be on active disciplinary probation or suspension with either the Dean of Students Office or the Department of Housing and Residential Education.
- **If you were recently hired for Fall 2016 as a new RA, you are not eligible for the summer position as you have not completed training.
- Click here to apply.
Application opens: March
Offers extended: April
Start date: early May
End date: late July/early August