Summer Conference Advisor (CA)
The Conference Advisor (CA) position works for the Conference Operations Office, part of Carolina Housing The CA is a behind the scenes position that ensures that preparations are completed for successful camps and conferences. CAs are representatives of the University to summer camp/conference guests. CAs work under the direction of the Assistant Director for Conference Operations and supervision of the ACUHO-I graduate interns.
The CA is a live-on staff member that works behind the scenes to ensure that preparations are completed for successful camps and conferences. The majority of the position requires the CA to handle manual labor to prepare for a group; they will assist with linen distribution, prepare areas for use, and other duties as assigned. This is an active job position that fluctuates each day depending on tasks around campus. The CA will also need to respond to all On-Call request for all camp/conference requests between 10:00 pm and 9:00 am when On-Call. They will interact with guests from the age of 8-80 years old. Summer Groups may be on campus anywhere from a few days to a few months. These groups are on campus for an academic program, athletic camp or adult conference need. This position does not supervise these groups.
CAs will work 5 days a week, either: all morning shifts 9:00am-1:00pm (Monday through Friday) or All afternoon shifts 1:00pm-5:00pm (Monday through Friday). Weekend and evening hours do occur and CAs will need to be available when the need arises. Average hours will be 20-30 hours/week and occur primarily between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
The CA is permitted to take up to 4 credit hours per summer session. Outside commitments must be approved by the supervising Coordinator for Conference Operations.
- $3,000 stipend, divided up and paid out monthly.
- Single occupancy room on campus in a shared Ram Village apartment at no cost.
- The successful staff member will have a passion for working with a diverse population, possesses strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, demonstrates initiative, communicates effectively, has a positive attitude, and an ability to manage structured autonomy. Strong administrative skills are utilized in this position.
- The CA agrees to attend all aspects of summer staff training.
- Individual must be able to lift 40 pounds and engage in physically demanding activity when needed.
- The CA will be have a valid driver's license and access to a car while on-call OR be 18 years or older and able to drive the Housing 15 passenger van.
- The CA will be in good financial and disciplinary standing with the University. Good disciplinary standing is defined as not having an active sanction of contract probation or higher with Carolina Housing as well as having no active conduct record with the Dean of Students’ Office.
- Conference Advisors need not have worked for Carolina Housing in any capacity prior to this summer position.
Apply at uncch.erezlife.com
Application opens: February
Offers extended: April
Start date: early May
End date: early August