Summer Conference Advisor (CA)
The Conference Advisor (CA) position works for the Conference Operations Office, part of the Housing and Residential Education department. The CA is a behind the scenes position that ensures that preparations are completed for successful camps and conferences. CAs are representatives of the University to summer camp/conference guests. CAs are assigned to an on-campus living area hosting summer conference guests, work under the direction of the Coordinator for Conference Operations and supervision of the ACUHO-I graduate intern.
In many ways the CA works as a building manager and will assist Community Directors with group rosters and key audits. The CA serves as an on-call individual for summer groups throughout campus and helps ensure that the facilities are in good order. Under the direction of the Conference Operations Intern the CA will assist with linen distribution/transportation, preparing areas for summer guests and other duties as assigned. This is a physically active job position that fluctuates between office work and physical labor depending on the tasks for the day.
CA's work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week, but must be available for up to 40 hours per week. Hours worked throughout summer average out to approximately 30 hours per week and occur primarily between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Weekend and evening hours do occur and CAs will need to be available when the need arises.
The CA is permitted to take up to 4 credit hours per summer session. Outside commitments must be approved by the supervising Coordinator for Conference Operations.
- $3,000 stipend, divided up and paid out monthly.
- Single occupancy, air-conditioned room provided at no cost.
- The successful staff member will have a passion for working with a diverse population, possesses strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, demonstrates initiative, communicates effectively, has a positive attitude, and an ability to manage structured autonomy. Strong administrative skills are utilized in this position.
- The CA agrees to attend all aspects of summer staff training.
- Individual must be able to lift 40 pounds and engage in physically demanding activity when needed.
- The CA will be have a valid driver's license and access to a car while on-call OR be 18 years or older and able to drive the Housing 15 passenger van.
- The CA will be in good financial and disciplinary standing with the University. Good disciplinary standing is defined as not having an active sanction of contract probation or higher with the Department of Housing & Residential Education as well as having no active conduct record with the Dean of Students’ Office.
- Conference Advisors need not have worked for the Department of Housing in any capacity prior to this summer position.
Apply at uncch.erezlife.com
Application opens: February
Offers extended: April
Start date: early May
End date: early August