Summer Assistant (SA)
The Summer Assistant (SA) position works for the Conference Operations Office, part of the Housing and Residential Education department. The SA is the front line customer service representatives of the University to summer camp/conference guests. SAs are assigned to an on-campus living area hosting summer conference guests and work under the direction of the Coordinator for Conference Operations. The SA assists with group check-ins and check-outs, works customer service shifts at the community office, and helps ensure that the facilities are in good order.
SA agrees to live “in residence” and work a minimum of 15 hours per week but will be available for up to 40 hours/week. Hours worked throughout summer average out to approximately 20 hours/week. Majority of hours worked will be between 8:00am and 10:00pm seven days a week. Due to the nature of conference work, there is not a guaranteed number of hours per week.
Enrollment in up to four (4) credit hours each summer school session is permitted. Outside commitments must be approved by the supervising Coordinator for Conference Operations, and you must have the written approval of the Coordinator for Conference Operations.
- $7.25 per hour
- Single occupancy, air-conditioned room provided at no cost.
- The successful staff member will have a passion for working with a diverse population, possesses strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, demonstrates initiative, communicates effectively, has a positive attitude, and an ability to manage structured autonomy. Strong administrative skills are utilized in this position.
- The SA agrees to attend all aspects of summer staff training.
- The SA will be in good financial and disciplinary standing with the University. Good disciplinary standing is defined as not having an active sanction of contract probation or higher with the Department of Housing & Residential Education as well as having no active conduct record with the Dean of Students’ Office.
- Summer Assistants need not have worked for the Department of Housing in any capacity prior to this summer position, however, summer conference experience is preferred.
Apply at uncch.erezlife.com
Application opens: February
Offers extended: April
Start date: mid-May
End date: early August