Social Media and PR Coordinator
The Social Media and PR Coordinator is a GRADUATE STUDENT who will create and maintain a strong online presence for Carolina Housing and organize and coordinate Carolina Housing events. The coordinator will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our brand with the goal of increase web traffic, customer engagement, occupancy, and event attendance.
- Create engaging text, image and video content for all Carolina Housing social media accounts
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around campus life and housing options
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Train and oversee student Brand Ambassadors (student interns) to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way
- Maintain the public image of Carolina Housing by managing the Brand Ambassadors and developing and maintaining relationships with a multitude of campus partners
- Plan and execute events on behalf of Carolina Housing
- Facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Prepare weekly metric reports for the Marketing Manager
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions
- Develop monthly newsletters for parents and monitor weekly CD newsletters
- Monitor web and campus buzz for any negative perceptions and act quickly to intercept issues
- Must be a graduate student
- Expertise and experience in multiple social media platforms
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- BS degree in marketing, communications, public relations or relevant field
You will typically work 20 hours per week. You may not exceed 30 hours per week. This position would start over the summer term and would continue through the academic year.
You must be available for 2-4 set office hours during the week.
$11.00 per hour.
Assistant Director of Marketing
Download the application form below. Keep the writing in your responses concise. We consider 3-4 sentences per question to be a sufficient response.
Email the following items to Mariam Azzam at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Completed application form and any attachments. (Note that the application requires you to provide a writing sample.)
2) Current resume.
Position Opens: Early April
Application Deadline: Mid April
Interviews Conducted: Late April