Package Center Staff
Carolina Housing works to create an inclusive on-campus housing environment that promotes learning, citizenship, involvement, and leadership. The Department is committed to creating supportive learning environments that assist in the total development of the resident through student leadership, programming, residence hall standards, and campus connections. The Carolina Housing program is built on a student learning philosophy that values inclusiveness, discovery, benchmarking, community, communication, and celebration.
Package Service Representatives (PSRs) are responsible for receiving, storing and distributing packages at Hinton James, Morrison and Spencer Package Centers to students living in campus housing. PSRs use the SC Logic package tracking system. They must maintain accuracy and comply with all Federal Mail Regulations. PSRs interact daily with various delivery carriers and professional staff, while providing excellent customer service. The Assistant Director of Package Center Operations, as well as the Hinton James and Spencer Package Center Managers, supervise PSRs.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with package receipt, storage and distribution to students living in campus housing (must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.)
- Distributing US letter mail for students living in Morrison Residence Hall
- Processing misdirected mail from students living in Morrison Residence Hall
- Providing excellent customer service
- Maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Interacting with administrators and students in a courteous and professional manner
Complete information about residential mail and package operations can be found here: Mail and Packages.
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to maintain accuracy
- High attention to detail
$8.00 per hour
Package Service Representatives work shifts during the following operating hours:
Monday through Friday: 9:45 am – 6:45 pm
Saturday: 10:45 am – 4:30 pm
*This posting is for Spring Semester 2020.
To apply for this position, please send the following items to Joanna Luke, Assistant Director of Package Center Operations: email@example.com
1) Resume (or a list of your work history with job titles and responsibilities)
2) Class schedule and a list of any other commitments that occur during the above operating hours
3) Phone number
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.