Package Center Staff
The Department of Housing and Residential Education works to create an inclusive on-campus housing environment that promotes learning, citizenship, involvement, and leadership. The Department is committed to creating supportive learning environments that assist in the total development of the resident through student leadership, programming, residence hall standards, and campus connections. The Housing and Residential Education program is built on a student learning philosophy that values inclusiveness, discovery, benchmarking, community, communication, and celebration.
Package Service Representatives assist with the coordination of receiving, storing and distributing packages at Morrison, Hinton James and Spencer Package Centers to students living in campus housing. Package Service Representatives are supervised by the Residential Communication Services Manager, as wells as the Hinton James and Spencer Package Center Supervisors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with package receipt, storage and distribution to students living in campus housing (must be able to lift up to 30 lbs)
- Distributing US letter mail for students living in Morrison Residence Hall
- Processing misdirected mail from students living in Morrison Residence Hall
- Providing excellent customer service
- Maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Interacting with administrators and students in a courteous and professional manner
Complete information about residential mail and package operations can be found here: Mail and Packages.
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to maintain accuracy
- High attention to detail
$7.25 per hour.
Package Service Representatives work shifts during the following operating hours:
Monday through Friday: 9:45 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
Saturday: 10:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To apply for this position, please provide:
1) Resume (or a list of your work history with job titles and responsibilities)
2) Class schedule and a list of any other commitments that occur during the above operating hours
3) Phone number
Send items to: Joanna Luke, Residential Communication Services Manager, email@example.com
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
*Priority will be given to those who are available to work 9:45 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Monday/Wednesday and/or 9:45 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Tuesday/Thursday.