Marketing Video/Photography Student Intern
Do you love UNC? Have you had a positive experience living on-campus at Carolina Housing? Are you a talented videographer and photographer who would enjoy capturing stories about residence life at UNC? Carolina Housing Marketing department is looking for a Rock Star Videographer/Photographer Intern who can help us expand our brand, increase consumer engagement, and share our messages with the world. We are hiring a video/photo production student intern for the 2019-2020 Academic year to create video and photo stories for digital/print content that covers a range of housing topics.
Your primary responsibility will be to shoot, edit and produce videos that will be distributed through digital, print and social media outlets. The Video/Photog. Intern will play a strong role in creating a window into our social media practices through photography and video. Intern work will include capturing photos and video footage for our branding, social media projects, documenting stories and highlighting our commercial projects. This intern will work closely with the Assistant Director of Marketing and our Social Media & Marketing Coordinator to shape Carolina Housing’s image and further our goals and mission. While Photo and Video interns may also have opportunities to assist with other communications projects (determined by applicants skills and previous experience as well as organizational needs during their internship), the majority of the time will be focused on photography and video work.
Tabling at events is mandatory participation (set-up & close) during Housing Selection (Sept. - November) and various times throughout the academic year – may include some weekend days.
You will report to the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Carolina Housing.
To excel in the Marketing Video/Photog. internship position, candidates should:
- Understand and be supportive of Carolina Housing’s overall mission.
- Actively seek out and propose content for creative new story ideas.
- Be comfortable shooting interviews and B-roll at events across campus.
- Have experience shooting digital video with demonstrated ability to achieve professional quality lighting, composition, and audio.
- Solid experience editing videos.
- Photography and video of content for use in social media, digital, and print
- Documenting stories
- Handling photo and video needs for other intern and social media programs
- Toning retouching, and watermarking digital photos and sizing images for print and web
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Solid experience with photography/video
- Prior photo and video editing skills, experience with Mac OS, Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Lightroom, and iMovie.
- Experience handling photo/video work at events
- Passion for communicating compelling stories through a visual medium
- Stay informed about trending topics at UNC and Carolina Housing world
- Set high standards for yourself and others, meet deadlines, and over-deliver
- Work with the interns in other departments on projects of a wider scope
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Have a high sense of urgency for meeting deadlines and taking on new projects
- Be an excellent communicator with an appreciation for constructive criticism
A minimum 10-hour commitment per week is required. Your schedule will vary depending on what projects you are assigned.
You must be available 1-2 evenings per week to attend residential programs and stay long enough to get a story. The time you spend editing is flexible and can be scheduled around your classes.
$9.50 per hour – 10 hours/week
What’s Needed To Apply:
- Download & complete application form. (Note that the application asks for a link to a sample of your work.)
- Current resume
- Work samples
- Email all items to: email@example.com
Position open until filled.