Marketing Graphic Design Student Intern
Do you love UNC? Have you had a positive experience living on-campus at Carolina Housing? Are you a talented Graphic Designer who would enjoy helping to share stories about residence life at UNC? Carolina Housing Marketing department is looking for a Rock Star Graphic Design Intern who can help us expand our brand, increase consumer engagement, and share our messages with the world. We are hiring a Graphic Design student intern for the 2019-2020 Academic year to create original graphics for digital/print content that covers a range of housing topics.
Your primary duties will be to provide support for the Marketing department through a variety of channels, print, digital, web, video and other as assigned. The Graphic Design intern will assist with the development and design of core Carolina Housing graphics, logos, collateral, event materials and a variety of other creative tasks as assigned. Prepare images to coincide with social and blog posts and other Carolina Housing campaigns/initiatives.
Tabling at events is mandatory participation (set-up & close) during Housing Selection (Sept. - November) and various times throughout the academic year – may include some weekend days.
You will report to the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Carolina Housing.
To excel in the Marketing Graphic Design internship position, candidates should:
- Understand and be supportive of Carolina Housing’s overall mission.
- Assist with collateral updates and version control
- Creation of various logos for certain Carolina Housing campaigns/initiatives
- Creation and updates to various Marketing collateral (i.e. T-shirt designs)
- Excellent computer knowledge for both MAC and PC environments
- Must be proficient in basic design programs including Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
- Passion for communicating compelling stories through a digital/graphics medium
- Stay informed about trending topics at UNC and Carolina Housing world
- Set high standards for yourself and others, meet deadlines, and over-deliver
- Work with the interns in other departments on projects of a wider scope
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Have a high sense of urgency for meeting deadlines and taking on new projects
- Be an excellent communicator with an appreciation for constructive criticism
A minimum 10-hour commitment per week is required. Your schedule will vary depending on what projects you are assigned.
You must be available 1-2 evenings per week to attend residential programs and stay long enough to get a story. The time you spend editing is flexible and can be scheduled around your classes.
$9.50 per hour – 10 hours/week
What’s Needed To Apply:
- Download & complete application form. (Note that the application asks for a link to a sample of your work.)
- Current resume
- Work samples
- Email all items to: email@example.com
Position open until filled.