Marketing Content Intern
Do you love UNC? Have you had a positive experience living in campus housing? Are you a talented writer who would enjoy capturing stories about residence life at UNC? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
The Department of Housing & Residential Education is hiring a Marketing Content Intern to write stories and create digital content for the Residence Life blog that covers:
- Student perspectives about what living on campus is like.
- Student accounts of how getting involved in leadership opportunities has shaped their college experience.
- Programs and special events in the residence halls.
- Special recognition and accomplishments of "spotlight" residents or Housing student staff.
You will be working with the Marketing Manager to develop and refine new marketing strategies and promotions. Your main responsibility will be to pitch and write blog stories about life in campus housing. In addition to writing, you will be asked to capture accompanying photos and/or work with the Video Production Intern and the Social Media Marketing Interns to create multimedia content for your stories. You will also assist with managing our social media community and running contests/promotions throughout the academic year. Finally, you will provide general support to the marketing team as needed.
To excel in the internship position, candidates should:
- Understand and be supportive of Housing’s overall mission.
- Actively seek out and propose creative new story ideas.
- Be able to write in a succinct yet friendly, conversational voice without compromising proper grammar and spelling.
- Be comfortable attending events across campus, soliciting interviews, and building relationships with residential community staff.
- Be highly organized and a team player.
We encourage applications from any major, but you must have strong writing skills and an interest in marketing.
A minimum 10 hour commitment per week is required, with some evening work included. You should produce approximately two blog posts per week (total of ~1,000 words). The time you spend writing/editing is flexible and can be scheduled around your classes. You will have office space in SASB North and will report to the Marketing Manager.
$8.50 per hour
Nicole Barre, Marketing Manager
Download the application form below. Keep the writing in your responses concise, and use this opportunity to demonstrate your ability to write in a conversational voice that would appeal to our readers. We consider 3-4 sentences per question to be a sufficient response.
Email the following items to Nicole Barre:
- Completed application form and any attachments. Note that the application requires you to provide a writing sample.
- Current resume.
Application opens: Early August
Interviews conducted: Late August