The Conference Assistant (CA) position works for the Office of Conference Services, a unit within Carolina Housing. CAs work under the direction of the Assistant Director of Conference Services and with direct supervision of an ACUHO-I graduate intern.
The Conference Assistant is the front line customer service representative of the University to all summer camps and conference guests. The CAs’ specific duties include guest relations, room set-up, linen distribution, and other tasks as assigned. Conference Assistants also assist with camps & conference check-ins/check-outs, work guest services shifts at the community office, and help ensure that the facilities are in good order by conducting inspections and post-conference assessments.
Work will be a combination of traditional and non-traditional hours and will include weekends. Additionally, CAs will be in an on-call rotation between the hours of 5:00pm and 9:00am requiring them to live on-campus. CAs will work on average 20 – 25 hours per week.
Terms of Employment·
- Position Hire Timeline: May 11th – August 9th
- Training: May 13th – May 15th
- $3,000 stipend distributed throughout the summer and paid on the last business day of the month.
- Provided: housing on-campus
- Respond to all On-Call requests for all camps & conferences between 5:00 pm and 9:00 am when On-Call and 24 hours on weekends
- Due to the time commitments to the job,Conference Assistants are permitted to take no more than 4 credit hours per summer session
- The CA will have a valid driver’s license and access to a car while on-call or will be 18 years or older and able to drive Housing’s 15 passenger van & box truck