Baity Hill Package Service Representatives
STUDENT POSITION – ACADEMIC YEAR: Aug. 10, 2020 - May 9, 2021
Carolina Housing works to create an inclusive on-campus housing environment that promotes learning, citizenship, involvement, and leadership. The Department is committed to creating supportive learning environments that assist in the total development of the resident through student leadership, programming, residence hall standards, and campus connections. The Carolina Housing program is built on a student learning philosophy that values inclusiveness, discovery, benchmarking, community, communication, and celebration.
Baity Hill Package Service Representatives (PSRs) are responsible for delivering and sorting mail to the 9 resident buildings each day. They are also responsible for receiving, storing and distributing packages at the Baity Hill Package Center to students living in the community. PSRs use the SC Logic package tracking system and Star Rez student housing software. They must maintain accuracy and comply with all Federal Mail Regulations. PSRs interact with various delivery carriers and professional staff, while providing excellent customer service. This position will be supervised by the Assistant Director for Family Housing.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Distributing US letter mail for students living in the Baity Hill Community
- Processing misdirected mail from students living in the Baity Hill Community
- Assisting with package receipt, storage and distribution to students living in campus housing (must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.)
- Providing excellent customer service
- Maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Interacting with staff and students in a courteous and professional manner
- Other duties specific to mail and package services as assigned
- Complete information about residential mail and package operations can be found here: Mail and Packages.
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to consistently carry out procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain accuracy
- High attention to detail
$8.00 per hour
Baity Hill Package Service Representatives work shifts during the following operating hours:
- Alternating days Monday through Saturday: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm (flexible)
- Alternating Saturdays: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (standard)
To apply for this position, please send the following items to Caleb Waters, Assistant Director for Family Housing at Calebw@email.unc.edu
- Resume (or a list of your work history with job titles and responsibilities)
- University class schedule and a list of any other commitments that occur during the above operating hours
- Phone number
Applications accepted until position is filled.