The Visitation/Guest Policy is a shared responsibility between the residents of a community and community staff. Students agree to these policies when they agree to the Housing Contract and the accompanying Community Living Standards. Students are encouraged to notify their RA or Community Director of potential violations of this policy in a timely manner.
The Department of Housing and Residential Education has two defined levels of visitation:
Open room visitation with roommate consent.
Guests are permitted with roommate consent Sunday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 am; Friday and Saturday from 9:00 am to 2:00 am.
- The host is responsible for their guest and the actions of their guest.
- Guests must call their resident host from outside the building in order to gain entry.
- The resident host must escort their guest in the residence halls/apartments at all times.
- The roommate's rights to privacy, sleep and study take precedence over the rights of a host to have a guest.
- The host must have approval from their roommate(s) to have a guest.
- A guest's stay is limited to no more than 3 nights in a given week, 6 nights in a given month and no more than two weekends in a given month.
- Habitation of a room by anyone other than an individual assigned to that room is prohibited.
- Guests may use only appropriately designated restrooms.
- Guests may only stay or sleep in their host's room.
- Gatherings with more than three times the designed occupancy in a residence hall room and/or apartment is prohibited.