Recovery House is part of the substance-free Residential Learning Program (RLP) Balance.
Balance RLP focuses on integrating all dimensions of wellness, while creating a
holistic understanding of what it means to be "healthy."
Balance is a community in which students will learn from the experiences
of their peers, share their own perspective, and integrate a fuller
understanding of wellness into their own lives.
Recovery House offers distinct advantages to those seeking on-campus collegiate recovery housing. These advantages include:
- Safe and supportive
- On-site recovery-focused programing and Carolina Recovery Program (CRP) staff
- Roommates in recovery
- On-site Resident Advisor
on duty every night
- Collaborative recovery-focused team approach with CRP
- Finding friends for life while strengthening recovery and enjoying a normal collegiate experience!
- Live steps from classes, advisors and libraries
- Makes getting involved at UNC-CH incredibly easy
- Numerous options for meal plans
- Leadership opportunities
- Several recreation facilities on campus, with one fee for all expenses
The Benefits of Joining the Carolina Recovery Program:
- Enjoy free and fun
programing designed to strengthen and support your recovery
- Have fun with other
students in recovery
- Get a recovery mentor
- Benefit from academic
and career service workshops
- Raise awareness of
recovery issues on campus
- Enjoy sober trips to
local, state, and national attractions
- Attend the annual state
young people in recovery conference, and national collegiate recovery
Two Easy Steps to Join The CRP
- Fill out and email The Student Information Form
- Print, sign and submit
the Student Commitment Agreement to
the Program Coordinator
For more information about the Balance RLP, click here.