Flyer Distribution in the Halls
Flyer Posting Guidelines
- All flyers must be approved by the
Department of Housing and Residential Education before they are posted in any
residence hall. The guidelines and prior approval process pertain to bulletin board and other University-controlled spaces in the residence halls.
- Flyers or other materials may not be posted
within the communities except by Department of Housing and Residential
Education staff members.
- Only recognized groups and organizations in good standing are permitted to post flyers or other materials within the residential communities. University departments and offices are also permitted to post flyers or other materials in the residence halls.
- Outside agencies or companies may not submit materials for posting in the residence halls.
- No items may be hung or displayed outside
of a window or anywhere in a building or its adjacent structures (porch, rails,
- Flyers or other
posted material may not contain obscenity, advertise, or endorse conduct or events that would constitute violations of the Instrument of Student Judicial Governance (http://honor.unc.edu/instrument/), Department
of Housing and Residential Education
policies, University policies, and/or federal or state law.
- Due to limited space, flyers or other
material to be posted may not exceed 11” x 17”.
- All flyers or other materials should be
submitted for approval within (5) business days of the date on which posting is
- Any item posted in violation of these
guidelines may be removed.
Flyer Approval Procedures
- Bring your flyer to the Department of
Housing and Residential Education office, Avery Hall, Suite 09 (located on the
lower level). See table below for
quantities of flyers you will need to supply.
- Sign in at the front desk of Avery. The sign-in notebook is labeled “Flyer Posting
- Provide the on-site representative from the
Department of Housing and Residential Education with a copy of your flyer for
initial approval. The on-site
representative will approve your flyer so long as it meets the guidelines
provided above. This copy will be kept
- There are two options for completing the
flyer approval process:
- Follow the guidelines
stated above during the creation of the flyer. Bring all flyers to Avery to be approved. Once approved, use the designated “DHRE”
stamp (found near the sign-in notebook) to individually stamp each flyer in the
lower, right-hand corner. If you are
unable to locate the stamp, please consult with a DHRE Representative.
- Bring one copy of the
flyer to Avery to be approved and stamped. After approval is granted, make all desired copies (please note that
DHRE will not make the copies), and then bring the flyers back to Avery for distribution. If original signs are found to be altered
after stamped approval has been provided, posting privileges for the office,
organization or individual will be revoked for the remainder of the academic
- Count and sort the flyers by community, as
noted below, and give them to the on-site representative for posting.
Quantities of Flyers Needed:
| Baity Hill and Mason Farm
| Craige North
| DHRE records
| Granville Towers
| Hinton James
| Olde Campus Lower Quad
| Olde Campus Upper Quad
| Ram Village HJ-side (Taylor Hall, RV5)
| Ram Village Craige-side (1,2,3)